Sunday, June 22, 2014

On a daily basis I sit here and think of all the things I've been through in my life.
I would like to sit here and tell you that as time goes on the nightmares and scary memories of the past get easier to deal with, but for me, they don't.

It's kinda like your first love.
When that relationship ends you hurt and hurt.
But eventually you get over it.
Until you see them walking down the street or find a letter they wrote you, or even see their name pop up on your facebook newsfeed.
All that emotion, happiness, sadness, anger it all comes flooding back and you feel like you're at square one again.
But you know what? Eventually you get over it. And if you do see them walk down the street or their name on Facebook it's not going to bother you anymore.

And maybe just maybe I will eventually get over my past.
But I can tell you, it won't be today or tomorrow but when that day comes where all those emotions don't come flooding back, I will gladly welcome it with open arms.

This past Friday, (6/20) was my daddy's birthday. He would have been 57. Not a day goes by where I don't think about him. I miss him terribly. But I know in my heart he is in a better place.
R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment